Wednesday, June 15, 2011

lemon "puppy chow"

I decided to try out this recipe from Smashed Peas and Carrots despite the fact that it didn't fit with my no sweets diet plan. I did of course sample it and let me tell ya ladies - it was oh so yummy! But, I was a good girl and took the majority of it over to a friends last night for a party. Can't keep stuff like this in the house!

Lemon Puppy Chow

Ingredients:
9 cups rice chex cereal
1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 tsp grated lemon peel
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Measure cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.  In a microwaveable bowl, microwave chips, butter, lemon peel and juice uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir.  Microwave about 30 more seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth.  Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.  Pour into a 2-gallon resealable food storage plastic bag.  Add powdered sugar, seal bag and shake until all the cereal is well-coated.


*I omitted the grated lemon peel because I don't own a grater (shame, shame), and I combined everything in a rectangular Rubbermaid container and shook it which worked really well.

**Image from Smashed Peas and Carrots - I didn't think to stop and take my own (fail).


 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment