Friday, June 17, 2011

Bachelorette

Last night was my Bachelorette party, and let me tell you, we had a blast! We started the night out with dinner at a sports bar & grill downtown. This was a good time, but the real fun started at our next stop: an adorable little wine shop just a short walk down the road.



The owner opened the shop up just for our private tasting. We were ushered to the back of the shop where the was a huge Gorgeous (yes with a capital G) rustic table with beautiful mismatched chairs. I want one for my house!

We forgot to take pictures, but I found this pic on their Facebook page. The table cloth wasn't on when we were there though and there is some beautiful wood underneath.


We sampled four wines and I loved them all (just call me wino from here on out). We tried a white Lambrusco, a Chardonnay Pinot Gris blend, a Riesling, and a red wine that I can't recall the name of. The owner was very knowledgeable and I learned a lot about wine, but still left there confused. There are just so many different kinds. 

The best thing about the shop? Most of the bottles were around $10! I was really surprised, I thought it would be a lot pricier for "good" bottle of wine. I think the most expensive bottle we tried was $13. We all left with at least one bottle in tow. I bought two, a red Lambrusco and a Riesling called Frisk ;) 


After the dinner and wine tasting we continued downtown for some more "traditional" bachelorette festivities. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to be able to let loose a little and be silly, but I'm so glad that's not my scene anymore. This mama is way over that! I'll take my wine at home with some good conversation over a pub crawl any day.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment