Monday, June 13, 2011

cupcakes for 2

I came upon this recipe via pinterest. Seriously guys, it's the bomb diggity (pretend I didn't just say that). It's a cupcake recipe for two! How perfect is that? I'm trying to watch what I eat (gotta make sure I fit into that dress) and this is the perfect solution to any sweet tooth. You can have homemade cupcakes without making a whole batch that will sit on the counter taunting you until you eat them all. Yea, been there, done that.

Here's the source:




Here's the yummy pics:




Here's the recipe:

1 egg white

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla (yes, a full teaspoon – they are super vanilla-y!)

1/4 cup flour

1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder

pinch of salt

1 1/2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.

In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.

Enjoy!

P.S. I haven't made this yet because I'm trying to avoid sweets in general right now, but I will be making it sometime soon :) Oh and I bet they'd be yummy with some fat free cool whip (and even more low calorie than with the frosting).

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment