Wednesday, January 26, 2011

what we've been up to

So I started strong on this whole blog thing, and now....not so much. I think I have just a tad bit of ADD (I know this is not possible. Roll with it.)

Soooo....
Last weekend was a looong weekend at work. My 12's always seem to drag these days. Plus I worked 4 days in a row last week, when I'm used to just 3. So I was so exhausted and ready for a day off by time Monday rolled around. Nursing can be very draining.

Speaking of exhaustion, little man's sleep patterns have gotten worse and worse. He is waking up a zillion times a night. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration. He is waking up a million times a night! 
Ugh. That can really start to take a toll on ya after a while. So I finally decided I had do something about it. So we're trying a little sleep training the next few nights. Don't look at me like that. I was always opposed to it too, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
Monday I got a much needed afternoon off. A friend and I went to get mani/pedis and then went back to her house to watch a movie (Sex and the City 2) and have wine and pizza. Doesn't that sound like heaven? The movie was great, so funny! And it was so nice to chill on the couch with a glass of wine in hand and enjoy a movie...uninterrupted!  Plus, who doesn't love some good girl talk?

Tuesday little man and I had a lazy day. Didn't get a while lot done, just layed around on the couch and floor and played and napped all day. He did the napping of course. I can't nap for crap these days. 

And today we went apartment hunting. We've been talking about moving forever, but for some reason finally got serious about it. We really need to upgrade to one with a washer and dryer (a must with a little one) and a dishwasher would be oh so wonderful as well. The apartment we looked at and applied for has tons of storage, a laundry room, a bigger kitchen, two bathrooms, a patio, and a garage. It'll definitely be an upgrade and we are both giddy with excitement. 

Tomorrows my last day off and I guess I'll have to get down to business and attack the mountain of laundry piling up in our bedroom. That should be fun. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful week. Pray that we can finally get some sleep in this house soon.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Let me know how the sleep training goes. I am kind of curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As evil as sleep training sounds, it's a lifesaver for parents and baby! We've had to do it with both of our babies and it's worked for us. My son was 7 months and we did the cold turkey cry it out method. It took three nights. My daughter was not quite 6 months, and we did the gentler cio where you go in and check on them every few minutes in increasing intervals. It took a little longer with her, maybe a week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete