Tuesday, January 11, 2011

heart-photo line

I've been planning out this project in my head for weeks, but finally got the ambition to tackle it today because we were snowed in. 

Well, we weren't really snowed in, I just didn't want to take little man out in this snowy weather alone. So we ran our errands once Daddy got home :)

Anyways, it really took no time at all to make this once all the supplies were gathered. 

I'm proud of myself because this is actually an original idea of mine. Not that you won't find book paper and twine projects out there; they're all over blogland. But, I haven't seen a project exactly like this one.

 So....



Supplies:


adorable pictures of your offspring
twine/jute
clothespins
scrapbook paper
scissors
pencil
craft glue
hot glue gun
old book
2 cup hooks



Directions: 

You can do these in any order really, but this is how I did it.

Measure out the length of your twine and tie a loop at each end to hang your line.

Tear out your book pages. Trim the white off. Cut the page in half.

Fold that half of the page in half and trace half of a heart on the folded side.

Cut out the heart shape. 




Repeat for however many hearts you want to make.

Trace a clothespin onto the scrapbook paper (I used the paper left over from my ABC magnets project).

Glue the paper onto the clothespins using the craft glue.



Layout your pictures with your book page hearts.



Clip your pictures on with the clothespins.

Glue the book page hearts on in between each picture with the hot glue gun.
 (You will burn your fingers, sorry).

Screw your cup hooks into the wall. String up your heart-photo line.

Step back and admire your work.

Pretty, huh?



Again, I kept help but notice that these pics do not do it justice. It's much prettier in real life.

Funny side note: The book I used was a true crime book so some of the words on my little heart cut outs are kind of funny....ya know, "blood", "murder", "courtroom". Real comfy, cozy stuff :)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute. I will have to make one when we get moved into our new apartment.

    ReplyDelete