Thursday, June 9, 2011

more on baby proofing....

Baby proofing has been the name of the game this week as we try to keep this adorable fella:

 yes, this is how we had to dress on a JUNE day. blah!

out of trouble.

...
This was one option considered:

Totally kidding! :)
But we decided it was too extreme. 


So we've put up all the dangerous things in the bottom cabinets, 
moved all glass objects up out of his reach or put them away, 
but are still working on the whole cord situation. 

....

Want to know just how crazy I am about this baby proofing thing? 
Sometimes we forget to empty the tub right away after bath time as we are busy getting Morgan dressed, fed and ready for bed.

Frank says he doesn't always empty it on the weekends so that he has proof that he bathed him {lol}, as if I wouldn't believe him.

When I noticed we did it again the other night I freaked out and had visions of baby crawling into the bathroom and pulling up on the side of the tub. 

My solution?


Crazy much?
Hey, this way we always have a little reminder when we go to shut off the light.

...
Now, how have I used this baby proofing business to my benefit? 

{insert sly grin}

I decided that our TV stand was so ugly it was dangerous for our little guy.

In all seriousness, it was an accident waiting to happen with it's sharp corners and open shelves.

So yesterday we bought a new TV stand that sits up higher so it's corners are above his head. And it also has cabinets so we can keep him away from the cords and game systems, etc.

 I have also even been considering adding scrapbook paper on the inside of the glass so that he can't see what's inside. 
Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe.



AND, it's pretty too :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment