Tuesday, January 18, 2011

what we're up to...

I've been lacking inspiration for blogging the past several days. 

Mostly because I've been enjoying real life with this little guy:



And this guy:

Charming isn't he? <3


So what have we been up to?

We got our ABC photo book in the mail today and it turned out even better than I imagined. So worth the 8 bucks. Little man agrees; he's already christened it with his mouth. ( : And we've read it twice.

Little man has been mastering his rolling skills. You can't keep him on his back now.

Frank turns the big 3-0 on Thursday. Such an old man that one is.
We celebrated his birthday Monday with dinner at a Japanese Hibachi restaurant. It was my first time and I loved it. And the food was delicious. Well not that soup they give you for an appetizer without telling you it's fish broth?!? Eww.

We followed dinner with drinks and pool. It's so nice to enjoy a leisurely beer over adult conversation.

I did work on one craft project. 
This wreath:

I'll tell you more about it later.

And I did my organization challenges, but seriously how interested are you in looking under my sink? It's not very exciting is it? So I didn't bother to blog about it and bore you with the details of our TP storage.

Little man tried green beans and prunes and liked them. Yes, the prunes did their job. He needed it. Although he likes the new foods I introduce to him, he is going through a phase where he's more into chewing and licking the tray on his high chair than actually eating. 

Case in point:

 Silly boy.

Tomorrow is my last day off this week. Sigh. Back to the grind.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Okay, first I MUST say, your lil' man is ADORABLE!! :)

    I'm not familiar with a lot of homeschool methods. We use the Abeka curriculum. It's the same curriculum a lot of Christian academies in our area use. It is what I believe to be a "difficult" curriculum, which works well for my children. They were often "bored" in public school, as they weren't challenged enough. Our curriculum runs a year ahead, in comparison to what is taught in our public school.

    The curriculum is very thorough, however, I incorporate "extras" whenever I can - particularly field trips and science experiments. I also have the boys involved in whatever outside activities they are interested in, which currently are orchestra, scouts, and basketball.

    People who say stay-at-home homeschooling moms don't do anything obviously haven't been to my house! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie pie you've got! LOVE the wreath :)

    ReplyDelete