Tuesday, January 4, 2011

twine wrapped candles

My newest love affair is with twine.

And I have used it in a couple upcoming projects.



For this project you will need:


twine (purchased at walmart < $2)
white "saint candles" (purchased at dollar tree $1 each)
hot glue gun (on hand)

total = < $4



Directions:
Start at top (or bottom...whichever tickles your fancy) of your candle and glue the end of the twine down with your hot glue gun. 

Continue to wrap it all the way around, the entire length of the candle, dabbing with hot glue every so often.

You could also just wrap the twine around the middle of the candle, like I did with one of mine. Or the bottom. Again, whatever tickles your fancy. Be creative.

I also considered adding some fabric rosettes. Maybe I'll do that next time.



When you're done you will have something that looks a little like this:



What do you think? Cute huh?

Ours currently reside beside the TV. Yes those are my feet in the TV's reflection.




I gotta try to pretty up the bachelor pad TV stand until that can go out the door along with the bachelor pad desk we are replacing on Wednesday :) 

Oh, did I already mention my new desk? Silly me.
post signature

1 comment: