Saturday, January 1, 2011

A-B-C

I'm super excited about a recent project I undertook.

I was inspired by this post over at Everyday Art.

I made alphabet magnets for our fridge. But, not just your everyday, plastic, brightly colored alphabet magnets. No, these were chic, PAISLEY alphabet magnets. I <3 paisley. :)

Here are the supplies needed to get your own: 



  • clear, flat decorate glass stones ($1 at Dollar Tree)
  • a long strip of magnet or round magnets ($0.59 at Joann's)
  • a sheet of scrapbook paper ($1 at Joann's)
  • alphabet stickers ($1 at Dollar Tree)
  • craft glue (on hand)

       Total = $3.59!

These are very simple to put together.

Directions:
1. Trace stone onto scrapbook paper.
2. Cut out circle.
3. Place sticker on scrap book paper.
4. Dab glue onto outer edge of scrapbook paper circle.
5. Press glass stone onto paper.
6. Cut, peel and place magnet on back.
7. Repeat.


My pictures don't do them justice as I don't have a fancy camera that can capture their beauty, but they look a lot like the one's over at Everyday Art. Check hers out and make your own too!

xoxo,
Ash

1 comment: