Friday, December 31, 2010

JOY...year round

I have loved the idea of alphabet photography since I first came across it in another blog post about a little one's nursery. I contemplated doing it in little man's nursery, but it can be expensive to purchase the prints and we just didn't have the money for it at the time.

Well imagine my excitement when I came across this post from Craftily Ever After. FREE alphabet photography! Score. She has the letters J-O-Y available for free. By time I came across the post, Christmas had already come and gone. But, who says you have to use it just for Christmas decor? Not me.

I saved them to my computer, uploaded them to Walgreens.com, ordered 3 5x7's, and they were ready within an hour for pick up.

I planned to frame them individually with white mattes, so I headed to the Dollar Tree to find some inexpensive frames and mattes. Found the frames, no luck with the mattes.

Plan B. I found a roll of brown postal wrap. *Light Bulb*. I can use this to make my own mattes! So when I got home I popped out the paper that comes in the frame and traced it 3 times onto the brown postal paper. I then cut out the 3 rectangles and used scotch tape to tape each of my pictures into the middle of the page.

They were framed and hung, and voila, I think they look beautiful! You'd never know that they weren't really matted and they don't scream Christmas to me. Do they to you? Too bad, they're here to stay! :)



Head on over to  Craftily Ever After and you can have your own too!

It only cost me about $9 total ($5 prints, $1 frame x 3, $1 postal wrap). It could be even cheaper if you waited until Walgreens had a deal running/coupon for the prints.

xoxo,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment