Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 of Organization Challenge

HAPPY 2011! 

Today is Day #1 of the Getting Organized Challenge over at a bowl full of lemons

Today's task was to clean out your junk drawer. And oh man, do I have a junk drawer. You can see how messy and jam packed it was in this before picture: 



Scary huh? 

Well it was mostly filled with papers that needed to be tossed or filed, and about 5 old cellphones?

After emptying out the drawer and sorting through the mess it now looks like this:



I didn't have any drawer organizers or containers small enough to fit in the drawer to sort things out, so most of it is just sitting in the drawer. Although I did use a box one of our cell phones came in to sort some small things out. 

And here is the beginnings of my donation box to be taken to Goodwill. I'm hoping it's full by the end of this challenge.


Interested in joining in on the challenge? It seriously only took me about 10 minutes to clean out and organize this drawer and you saw the sad looking before picture. You can do it too! 

Head on over to a bowl full of lemons to see what it's all about!



Happy Organizing!
xoxo,
Ash

9 comments:

  1. Ash... .You did the challenge PERFECTLY! Even using the cell phone boxes was GREAT! Thats what its all about, utilizing what you have to create order from chaos. Lovely post! Thanks so much.

    Toni

    ps. I promise your goodwill box will be FULL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done!
    I am going to use your box idea. Also, thank you for inspiring me to finally toss a dozen chargers.
    Bless you,
    Citymom

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! i hope my junk drawer is this easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are hosting "Operation Organization" over at Sassy Sites this month too! I would love to have you come over and link up with us! We are also doing a giveaway to make your junk drawer EVEN cuter!!

    xoxo
    Marni

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I laughed when I saw your Goodwill box... I have the exact same salt and pepper shaker/napkin thing! LOL

    ReplyDelete