Monday, December 27, 2010

Butt Wipes

Well this evening I decided to pull my Brother out of his box. No, not my actual brother, the sewing machine, silly.

I think it would be hard to find a box big enough to house my brother. And, I'm sure if it could be done, my mother would have already achieved it. :)

Anyways, I've gotten off topic. The sewing machine. Yes, I took it out and decided to try my hand at making cloth wipes.

It was not as simple as I envisioned.

An hour later I was actually sewing. It took for-freaking-ever to just get the damn delightful thing set up and ready to go.

Once I got it ready to go I started on my first wipe.

I decided to just "serge" (I believe this is the correct term) the edges so that they wouldn't fray and fall apart. The first 3 sides of the cloth were sewn without a hitch. I don't know what the hell happened on the last side, but I had a horrible mess of bunched up thread.

I started picking away at it with that stitch-remover-thingy-ma-bobber. When I thought "screw this" and just chopped off that side and made the cloth smaller. I re-stitched that side and ta-da, I had myself my first homemade cloth wipe. I made one more before I called it a night. This sewing business is exhausting.





This project was tackled while the little one sleeps was wide awake and the big one was playing his Wii. Little man was sitting next to me in his high chair, unimpressed with the new fangled sewing box Mom had recently acquired.

Come to think of it, it could have been the spinning of the noise maker and popping the pacifier into the mouth, only to have him yank it out 2 seconds later that was frustrating me. Nah, that sewing business was pretty frustrating too.


As I write, he is now fast asleep. I should be cleaning up the mess I made.


Nah, I'll save that for later. 

xoxo,
Ash

P.S. I'm working on a cloth diaper post (more likely series of posts) so you'll be able to see what this cloth wipe thing is all about. That is if you even care ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment