Monday, December 27, 2010

Visions of sewing projects dancing in my head

Thanks to my wonderful parents, I am now the proud new owner of a sewing machine. He has yet to leave his box, but I already have big plans for him.

1. Firstly I plan to make some more cloth wipes out of the mountain of flannel receiving blankets we have. We currently just use Circo washcloths from Target but could use some more. Especially after we tragically lost one last week during a flushing mishap. Oops!

They will look something like this:

2. I also have been in search of a rug for our living room. We have carpeting, but it's covered in ugly stains and is begging to be covered. However, most rugs are incredibly pricey and I'm incredibly cheap so for now we are living with the spotted floor. 

I found this tutorial to make your own out of fabric, drop cloth, and rug gripper. Mr. sewing machine shall come in handy with this project too whenever I may decide to tackle it. 

Here is an image of the rug she made:
Image from site linked above ^

I'm picturing brown with a tan paisley print. I love me some paisley.

3. The final project I have in mind also utilizes drop cloths to make curtains. I can't seem to find that link at the moment, but I'll post it when I find it.

That's all for now, the little man has risen from his nap and is currently pulling on my finger :)

xoxo, 
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment