Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chalkboard Wine Charms

I kind of am having a love affair with chalkboard paint. There's something chic, fun, and whimsical about anything with a little chalkboard on it.

I've used in on a couple of projects lately, but I'm sharing my wine charms with you. They are a cute way to keep track of your glass. All you have to do is write your initials on the charm with chalk. 

Supplies:
Something to use as your charm/chalkboard surface (I used buttons)
Jewelry wire
Wire cutters
Chalkboard paint
Paint brush
Chalk

1- Paint two coats of the chalkboard paint onto your button, waiting one hour between coats.
2 - Allow the chalkboard paint to "cure" for 24 hours.
3 - Rub a piece of chalk over the surface of your charm to prep it. 

4. Using your wire cutters cut your wire into even pieces of wire.
5. Bend the wire into a circle and thread the wire through the button hole.

6. Attach your wine charm to your glass and write your initals on your charm with chalk.


All done!

My empty wine glass :( I forgot to write my initials on for the pic.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment