Thursday, May 26, 2011

thrifty finds

Yesterday was such a crappy day. It rained all day long and the sun was M.I.A. Add into the mix a baby that is teething hardcore, and Momma was rarin' for a break when Daddy got home from work.

So I decided to hit up Goodwill and another local thrift store that has proved to be a gold mine of goodies. I found some really cool things for the wedding and little man's b-day.
"Vintage" Baseballs - I'm not sure how old they really are, but they have that vintage look to them without being grubby. I scooped those suckers right up. $2.99 for 6.



Vintage pop corn bowls - I found these at Goodwill. I thought they'd go great with our vintage baseball theme. I picked them up 4 @ $0.49 each.




Babe Ruth Plate - $2.99 Now I'm not sure if we'll use this for the party, although I think we could use it to put some kind of food display on, but I figured at the very least we could put it in Morgan's room. Plus I knew Frank would be tickled by it. He's a Yankees fan.



Wire Basket - For....wait for it.... $0.79!! Seriously. I thought they must have tagged it wrong or at the very least there was a 1 missing before that 0.79. But I squinted and couldn't find it ;) I'm not sure what I'll use this one for yet either, maybe some kind of beverage holder?  I  just love it's shabby chicness. 



Vintage blue mason jars - Gotta love Goodwill. $0.99 each for these bad boys. Do you know how much they try to sell these to ya online? Try 5 bucks a pop. I haven't decided yet if I'll sell my collection online for a small fortune :) or if I'll keep them and display them all together. I think a shelf full of blue mason jars would be cute.



Alphabet blocks - $2.99. I have to google the best way to clean these bad boys before the little guy gets his hands on them.



I'm super excited about my goodies - and the deals! I haven't had this fruitful of a thrifting trip in a while!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment