Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 6: Organize Your Dresser

Today is day 6 of the organization challenge at a bowl full of lemons

I actually completed the challenge, took pics, and posted in a timely manner! Yay me! :)

So first things first. I know the dresser is hideous. I plan to replace this old (80's?) dresser as soon as possible with something newer and more current.
The before picture is a mess. The top of the dresser is a collect-all and the cabinet part wasn't really being utilized much.



Before:


This pic wouldn't rotate?




And After:


 This one wouldn't rotate either. Boo.




I cleaned the top off first. 

The red damask box is actually a gift box covered in wrapping paper. It now houses some of our keepsakes that we just couldn't part with (old name tags, pins, etc).

The canvas is the one I ordered from canvaspeople and posted about yesterday. 

The hurricane glass candle holders were made using dollar store supplies (post coming on that one soon).

Inside the cabinet are two plastic bins from the dollar area at Target ($2.50 each). One is now holding my socks, while the other holds my unmentionables :) 

On the second shelf the little blue organizer (also $2.50 at Target) holds nail polish, jewelry, sunglasses, etc. 

The little ceramic lemon dish next to it is holding a few earrings ($1 at a thrift store). 

Lastly I went through the two drawers. Stacked everything in piles by likeness and even added a stack to my Goodwill box. 

Ta-da! All done. I'm pretty impressed with the results. That 80's dresser is looking a lot more current now. :)

Happy Organizing!


post signature

6 comments:

  1. Looks great. The baskets and the canvas picture really make it look great. I am excited to hear about the candle holders. You have a lot of great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I think your 80s dresser is doing it's job great. I love the toes canvas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Katie - the candle holders weren't my idea, if you google "dollar store hurricanes" you will find TONS of blog posts about them. :)

    ReplyDelete