Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 7: The Pantry

Today is Day 7 of the Organization Challenge: The Pantry. It just so happens that I already organized my pantry (and remembered to take pics) in a wave of ambition. YAY!

I'm so happy it was something I already had done and had a post put together because I'm off to work soon for 12 hours. Boo. I got off late last night and have to work 16 hours on Sunday. I'm going to be so happy to see Monday this week.
Anyways onto business.


Before:

 What a mess! A lot things went into a donation box to take to the food pantry.


 And just for fun I did another drawer that was begging for some organizing.

After:
 Much better, eh? I organized each side and shelf by 1. Drinks 2. Soups 3. Breakfast stuff 4. Misc. 5. Pasta 6. Snacks. I did this last week and I'm happy to report it still looks like this :)


 I also organized this cabinet but forgot to take a before pic before I got bitten by the organization bug. The top shelf has canned fruits and veggies and tuna. The second shelf has spices. And the bottom shelf has all of little man's things: bottles, bowls, formula, cereal, etc.

And the drawer. All of this stuff was in a cabinet above the kitchen sink where I couldn't really see what I had (which is probably why I have 3 boxes of aluminum foil huh?). Most of what was in this drawer was tossed or found a new home.


So there you have it, my organized "pantry". It's so much easier to find things and make a grocery list when you can see what you have!

Happy Organizing and Happy Saturday. Think of me as I'm slaving away at work today ;)

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Job well done! I love that you are donating the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you grouped things. Thats what I am thinking about doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good. I dont have a big pantry either just have to use the kitchen cabinets...maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a change! I love those waves of ambition! It seems like once one area gets tidied it's easy to keep going. :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Today will be my Pantry Day. Seeing yours is very motivational!

    Glad to be your newest follower...

    ReplyDelete