Thursday, December 30, 2010

slow down, baby!



I don't know if it was the fact that it was little man's 5 month "birthday" or what, but I had a few moments of sentiment and weepiness today.

Morgan had just finished his bottle and it was just the two of us home cuddling on the couch. One of those quiet, content moments when he's simply happy to stare at each other and kiss and cuddle.

It hit me all of a sudden that he's growing so fast and he won't be this tiny ever again. Before long he won't have that sweet baby smell anymore.

I don't ever want to forget these moments because you don't get them back.

I got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes because as exciting as it is to watch him grow and learn new things, it's bittersweet because it's a reminder that he won't be my tiny baby forever. 

Quickly he will grow to be a big boy and one day he will be a great man. It's crazy to think, but if there's one thing being a mom teaches you (and there are many), is that time really does fly. 

You have to take the time to enjoy the moment, write things down, take too many pictures, and breathe in as much of that sweet baby smell as you can. It can't be bottled and clocks can't be stopped.

xoxo,
Morgan's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment