Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DIY Cheap, Easy Rug

Well I haven't gotten around to making the fabric rug I mentioned in a previous post, but while out shopping today I did pick up the supplies to make a different rug project I found saved in my bookmarks. You can find the original post here on apartmenttherapy.com

Here is the short list of supplies needed:



3 rag rugs(or more depending on the size you want to make) 
        I got mine for $4.99 each at Target

Large yarn needle 
        $1.47 for a 4 pack at Walmart (can be found by the crochet hooks)

Skane of yarn 
        $1.47 at Walmart

It's very simple to make but can be a little monotonous. 

I'd suggest doing it while watching tv or do what I did and sit next to your little one on the floor and try to recall all the animals on "Old McDonald's Farm". I always run out of animals after cow and pig!

Anyways, you basically just whip stitch the rugs together using the yarn and yarn needle. It's pretty self explanatory and easy peasy.




I put mine in my kitchen. They also had a really cool green color, but I figured red went more with the rest of the house and brought out the colors of this picture I have hanging above the sink which is the only color in our kitchen, really.



So there you have it. Go forth and make rugs.
xoxo,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment