Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Salsa Chicken

I've posted this recipe before on my other blog, but I thought I'd post it again since it's what we're having for dinner tonight.

I had a pack of chicken breasts in the freezer and I happened to have a jar of pineapple salsa and no other ideas for dinner, so Salsa Chicken it is!

This is so easy to make, and so yummy. When I made it in the past, I used the crock pot, but since ours was recalled (and has yet to be returned or replaced) I made it in the oven this time.

Just like any recipe you can doctor it up any way you choose. It's great with shredded cheese and sour cream. You could even add some veggies like green pepper and corn.

Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:
1 package of chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa (any kind)

Directions:

1. Place chicken in crock pot on low.
2. Pour salsa over chicken.
3. Let cook for 5ish hours.
4. Serve however you like (over rice, with tortillas, or by itself). 

Side note: Don't make it in the oven. It doesn't turn out nearly as good, we learned this tonight, unfortunately.

xoxo,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment